Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Spending my birthday with Neil

So I am another year older today, but much wiser after a year mainly spent taking care of Neil and his needs.  On September 2, 2016 he fell and broke his hip and was in hospital for four weeks.  He came out in a wheelchair, unable to walk.  Because the hospital discharge staff would not allow him to go into a rehab facility, Neil went into a care home.  He did not flourish there, so after five months there, I transferred him to the Weinberg Residence private care home. He is happy and content there and has wonderful companions, Emmy and Lanie. He partakes in the rehab exercise program nearly every day and enjoys the concerts and most of the meals.

I spent the afternoon with him, took chocolate cupcakes and he sang happy birthday to me. As usual he presented me with a box of Purdy's Chocolates, his favourites.






No comments:

Post a Comment