Sunday, June 5, 2016

50th Anniversary - Scrapbooking and Wall Displays

In preparation for the Golden Anniversary Tea on June 5, my role was to bring our History Books up to date from 2011 to the present, and also to prepare wall displays featuring summaries of our historical achievements in the areas of:

1. Leadership
2. Food (catering)
3. Social Action & Community Service
4. Religious Programming
5. FUNraising
6. Our connection to Women of Reform Judaism and the WRJ Pacific District
7. Our contributions to the Temple building.

It took me over one month to update the History Books.  I took the original two books, split them into three, and then created 2 1/2 more books.  The Scrapbook Warehouse at Marine Drive and Oak Streets was very helpful and I ordered my supplies there. The biggest challenge was sorting all the material that had been saved for five years which I did on the dining room table.  Figuring out what to keep, putting it in date order, and matching miscellaneous photos to events was very time consuming. Once that was done, I was able to start assembling pages and using double sided tape to insert everything.  It was well worth the effort but I am glad it is finished and that I have my dining room table back.

Wall Displays:





Scrapbooks:







All of these displays were very well received at the Tea and will be used again at our Closing Event.

No comments:

Post a Comment